Matthew LeibKelly Stuart for Hearst Digital Media
Blank, white napkins
Red and gold fabric paint
Sponges (we used cosmetic sponges)
1. Iron your napkins and lay them out on a clean surface.
2. Cut out your sponges into whichever shapes you'd prefer — we went with squares and triangles.
3. Pour out a little red fabric paint onto a plate.
4. Dip your sponge in the red paint and stamp evenly along the edges, leaving space for alternating gold stamps. We elected to only stamp two opposite edges, but you can, of course, opt to do all four.Matthew Leib Matthew Leib
5. Repeat, filling in the gaps with gold paint.
6. Allow to air-dry overnight before use.Matthew Leib
See the rest of HouseBeautiful.com's DIY holiday table here, or skip straight to the other projects: