Nothing says summer like lobster! I always invite friends and family to my favorite Nantucket beach for these lobster rolls. My trick is to make it all beforehand but assemble them sea side, so the buns stay crisp. To die for!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, grated
… The Rest
- 2 lbs. cooked lobster meat (4 cups)
- 8 potato hot dog buns
- Salt-and-vinegar potato chips, such as Kettle Brand
1. In a medium bowl, combine the Tarragon Mayo ingredients.
2. In a food processor, blend together the Parsley-Lime Butter ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, add as much of the Tarragon Mayo to the lobster meat as you like. (It's also a great dip for chips and vegetables, so I always make a double batch.)
4. Brush the Parsley-Lime Butter all over the buns and toast them in a cast-iron skillet.
5. Stuff the buns with the lobster salad. Lightly crush the salt-and-vinegar chips and sprinkle them on top of the lobster rolls before serving.
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. watermelon juice
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 oz. agave (optional)
Put all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake shake shake. Pour either straight up or over ice. I love throwing in some mint and basil as garnishes.
- 2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 cup crumbled French feta cheese
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Good aged balsamic vinegar to taste
- 1/8 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1/8 cup julienned fresh mint
Toss the watermelon with the feta. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with balsamic. Adorn the salad with basil and mint.
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 small shallots, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend. Serve with green salad or Nicoise salad.
This story originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Miescisko.