1 6-inch piece of ginger, peeled
½ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp aged sherry vinegar
24 baby heirloom or multi-colored vine ripe tomatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup basil, roughly chopped
2 cups red or yellow seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups baby arugula
¼ cup cured black olives, pitted and sliced
2 8 oz pieces burrata
salt and pepper
1. Grate ginger on the large holes of a box grater.
2. Wrap ginger in a square of cheesecloth and squeeze over a medium bowl to extract the juice. You should have about 4 tbsp.
3. In a medium size mi bowl whisk together the ginger juice, ½ cup olive oil and sherry vinegar.
4. Add tomatoes, red onion and half of the basil and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
6. Once the tomatoes have marinated add watermelon and toss until well combined.
7. In a separate mi bowl, drizzle the arugula with the remaining tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. Divide tomato and watermelon between 6 plates. Drizzle with any remaining marinade and garnish with the remaining basil and black olives. Cut each piece of burrata into 3 pieces. Spoon burrata evenly over salad and top with baby arugula.