Newlyweds Cassie and Lewis Byrom are not the first couple in the world to have a Harry Potter-themed wedding. But their nuptials, which took place at the historic Town Hall in Manchester, England, put a lovely twist on the magical theme through exceptional details that were made with love.
"Cassie made pretty much everything including wands, bouquets, buttonholes, fake books and centrepieces," said. "They spent 2 years collecting and making things." Which, in addition to saving them tons of money, added so many personality touches to the event.
Here are some of the elements that made the day such a stylish affair:
1. The bouquet, which was made out of actual pages from the Harry Potter books, .
2. The groom's matching boutonniere.
3. The bride's Slytherin and Gryffindor heels.
4. And the naughty message written on the back.
5. Her snitch bracelet.
6. Her bag, a replica of Hermione's drawstring bag and one of the more expensive items she bought at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
7. The groosmen's socks.
8. The ring box, which was a copy of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
9. The ring itself , which had the word "Always" inscribed inside.
10. The Hogwarts banner on the aisle.
11. The Azkaban notice-style wedding invitations.
12. The tables, which were divided into Houses.
13. The Deathly Hallows fairytale decorations on the wedding cake.
14. The Hogwarts Express menus and Ferrero Rocher chocolates made to look like snitches.
15. The potions bottles and handmade books that served as centerpieces.
16. Other bits of memorabilia, like these suitcases and Honeydukes jars, to decorate the room.
17. The wands, which Cassie made herself and gave out to each guest as a party favor. At the end of each toast, the guests raised their wands instead of their glasses.
Congratulations to the happy couple!