Smart home technology will continue to gain momentum in 2017 as we look for more ways to make our homes smarter and our lives easier.
The 2016 Amazon.co.uk Trends Report reveals the latest gadgets and smart home technology that is currently being used in homes across the UK.
Amazon says of the trend: 'From high-tech heating that warms your place when you're heading home, security cameras that stream real-time video from inside your house directly to your phone, to the Amazon Echo that plays your favourite playlist, reads you the latest sports scores and orders you an Uber with a simple voice command, the smart home has arrived.'
The Amazon Echo and Echo Dot, which launched in October, has been a bestseller according to their trend report. Echo is a hands-free speaker which can be controlled to carry out tasks including playing music, switching on the lights, ordering food, checking the weather, and even booking a taxi - all via the Alexa app.
The company also report a 80 per cent year-on-year sales increase in their Smart Home Store, with sales of interactive pet cameras, robotic vacuums and smart kettle and coffee machines seeing a rise.
So here's the lowdown of the gadgets you've been going crazy for in 2016:
1. Petcube: An interactive pet camera that lets you watch, talk to and play with your pets from your smartphone when you're away from home. More info
2. Petzi Treat Cam: Combines app-connected live streaming with the ability to speak to your pet and dish out treats from a distance. More info
3. Hozelock Cloud Controller: The days of scorched lawns and parched plants are numbered as Hozelock lets you water your plants no matter where you are, using your smartphone. More info
4. Flymo Lithium-ion: Amazon have seen a surge in sales of robotic lawnmowers. More info
5. Withings Thermo Smart Temporal Thermometer: Scan your child's forehead with this no thermometer and 16 infrared sensors take over 4,000 measurements to take an accurate temperature reading. Syncs with the Thermo App to give relevant healthcare advice. More info
6. Motorola Digital Video Monitor: Smart devices have made their way to the top of new parents' must-haves. Motorola's video monitor allows parents to see their baby's every movement via the LCD display. It even comes with infrared night vision. More info
7. Echo and Echo Dot: With Alexa you can control your lights, switches, thermostats and more, all with a simple voice command. More info
8. Philips Hue: Since Echo devices launched in September sales of Philips Hue products (to control the lighting in your home), have risen by 187 per cent. More info
9. Vileda Robot Vacuum: Robotic vacuums are taking the hard work out of cleaning. More info
10. Canary Security Device: Smart home security has been adopted in thousands of homes across the country and Canary is one of the bestsellers. More info
11. Smarter iKettle & Coffee Machine: Great for those early mornings, these appliances can be controlled them from your bed via an app and when you get downstairs your hot drink will be ready for you. More info
12. Amazon Dash button: Exclusive for Amazon Prime members, this is a Wi-Fi-connected device that reorders your favourite product with the press of a button. The most 'dashed' bathroom product customers ask for is toothpaste, while one of the most popular brands customers are 'dashing' is Andrex. More info
13. Amazon Dash Wand: This is the quick way for customers to shop via AmazonFresh - fresh groceries, organic food, and everyday essentials. Say what you want or scan a barcode and Dash adds the item directly to your basket. The most 'dashed' kitchen items customers ask for are bananas, apples and milk. The most popular food brands customers are 'dashing' include Alpro, Kellogg's, Napolina and Heinz. More info
Get inspiration, ideas and advice wherever you are! Follow us on Facebook: Miescisko UK | Pinterest: Miescisko UK | Twitter: @HB | Instagram: @housebeautifuluk